Chackra Pongal / Chakara Pongal
» Long Grain Rice 1 cup
» Moong Dhal 1/8 cup
» Milk 1 cup
» Melted Butter (Ghee) 1/2 to 1 cup
» Powdered Jaggery (Gur) or Brown Sugar 1 3/4 cup
» Cardamom Powder 1/2 tsp
» Raisins 10 no
» Cashew Nuts (whole) 6 to 8 no
1. Cook rice and moong dal with milk and water until well done.
2. Fry cashews and raisins in ghee until golden brown and keep aside.
3. Take water and add gur (or brown sugar) and boil it until it dissolves and becomes thick.
4. Add cooked rice and dal to gur and keep stirring on low heat until well mixed.
5. Add remaining ghee in spoonfuls and continue stirring.
6. Add powdered cardamom and mix well.
7. Decorate with fried raisins and cashews.
8. Serve with a Smile !